Starting your National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) journey can be both exciting and overwhelming. All at once you’ll be introduced to a whole range of services designed to support your unique needs. That’s why Plan Management can have a big impact on your NDIS experience.
But what is NDIS Plan Management, and how can it benefit you?
What is NDIS Plan Management?
By working closely with a Plan Manager, you can gain expert guidance and support in handling budgets, processing payments and tracking expenses.
For example, a Plan Manager can help you pay invoices from service providers in a timely manner, such as therapists or support workers, while ensuring you stay within your allocated budget.
They also provide valuable insights into your levels of spending, helping you to make well-informed decisions about your support needs and are making the most of your NDIS plan.
Ultimately, Plan Management handles all the administration of managing your NDIS budget, so you can focus on achieving your goals.
Benefits of NDIS Plan Management
NDIS Plan Management offers you a whole host of benefits designed to streamline your financial-related tasks.
- Simple financial management: Your Plan Manager expertly handles budgets, payments, and expense tracking, ensuring efficient and effective use of your allocated funds.
- Greater choice and control: The power is in your hands. You have the flexibility to select your preferred service providers and foster better outcomes through tailored support solutions.
- Less stress and administrative burden: With a Plan Manager taking care of financial tasks and providing guidance, you can dedicate your time and energy to your personal goals.
- Customised support: Your Plan Manager will work closely with you, offering personalised assistance that caters to your unique needs and circumstances.
- Seamless collaboration with support coordinators and providers: If you also have a support coordinator, your Plan Manager will often work with them and your providers, creating a cohesive approach to managing your NDIS plan and supports.
What can my NDIS Plan Manager do?
Here are a few examples of how your Plan Manager can help:
- Process and pay invoices from service providers in a timely manner.
- Track and monitor allocated budgets, ensuring funds are used efficiently.
- Provide regular financial reports, detailing expenses and remaining funds.
- Assist in navigating the NDIS Price Guide and understanding service pricing.
- Handle financial claims and reimbursements
- Offer guidance on how to make the most of your plan’s funding.
- Liaise with your Support Coordinator if you have one to ensure cohesive management of your NDIS plan.
- Provide you with information about managing any complaints or disagreements with providers
- Help you understand and manage any changes to your plan or funding.
- Ensure compliance with NDIS regulations and requirements for financial reporting.
Are there other ways to manage my NDIS plan?
Yes, absolutely. There are four ways to manage your NDIS plan:
- A combination of options 1, 2, or 3
Plan management is often the preferred option.
Choosing Plan Management over Self Management means you’ll save time on administration, freeing up your time to do other things. A Plan Manager like MyIntegra will take care of payments, keep accounts and statements organised, deal with any provider issues, and keep you advised.
Plan Management also means you don’t have to be out of pocket. Some providers will ask for a payment at time of service, but with Plan Management you can organise for the provider to send their invoices directly to your Plan Manager.
Choosing Plan Management over Agency Management means you can access services from both registered and unregistered providers. This means more choice, so you’re not limiting yourself to registered providers only.
Are there safeguards in place with Plan Management providers?
Plan Management providers must be registered with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. This independent agency aims to ensure that NDIS supports and services are high-quality and safe for participants.
As a regulator of the disability support market, the NDIS Commission is responsible for maintaining national consistency. It is also responsible for promoting the safety and quality of services, resolving issues, and ensuring the safety of NDIS participants.
Plan Management vs Support Coordination
While both NDIS Plan Management and Support Coordination aim to enhance your NDIS experience, they serve distinct functions.
Plan Management focuses on the financial side of your NDIS journey, expertly handling budgets, payments, and expense tracking. For example, a Plan Manager would ensure your invoices from therapists or support workers are paid on time while helping to keep you within your allocated budget.
Support Coordination is all about helping you access and navigate the right services to achieve your goals. A Support Coordinator might assist you in connecting with suitable providers, such as occupational therapists or community activities, and ensure your support plan aligns with your unique needs.
READ MORE about Plan Manager vs Support Coordinator.
Hear from other NDIS participants
Our goal at MyIntegra is to make your NDIS experience as seamless as possible. And your feedback can ensure we’re delivering the best possible service.
Carolyn’s review: “The best thing about MyIntegra is that a real person who is empathetic, professional and wise answers the phone. If they don’t know the answer, they persist until they find it. When I first started looking for a Plan Manager, I decided on MyIntegra because a person answered the phone. She was new and she was honest. Go MyIntegra!”
Maria said: “I am so impressed with MyIntegra and how they manage and process my funding. I always have a genuinely pleasant experience over the phone and feel well informed about my plan, budget and expenses. In such difficult times, to have a reliable service means the world to me.”
Need help navigating the NDIS?
That’s what we’re here for. Our team is friendly, experienced, and knowledgeable, and we’re passionate about helping you achieve your goals.
Since 2016 our experienced team has been helping people navigate the NDIS. MyIntegra’s Plan Management service, can take care of the paperwork, process invoices fast, and give you practical advice and assistance to ensure your NDIS plan works best for you.
Are you ready to take the next step in NDIS Plan Management? Contact our team today, and let’s add a friendly face (or voice) to your NDIS journey. You are welcome to call us, message us by webchat, text or email depending on what you prefer.